1) This past semester, I failed a test in my economics class. I had a very busy schedule with the dance team and other classes. The date came up really quick and I wasn't prepared. I was falling behind on watching lectures and couldn't cram enough to pass the test. I think all together there was a build up of stress and made the test even worse for me. The next test, the same thing happened. I tried a little bit more to study, but the test fell on the same day as my marketing exam.
2) From my failure, I have learned a lot about myself. I have gained time-management skills and learned to plan ahead. I have found that I need to start looking ahead at when my exams are and start planning a calendar of when to watch lectures and practice exams.
3) I agree that failure is hard in the moment, but overall allows us to grow and better ourselves. I think emotionally we cannot let this failure bring us down but motivate us to be better the next time. I feel like these bad tests had this effect on me as I really tried harder on the next exam I took. In regards to this class, I think entrepreneurs are a great example of showing no fear and going for what they want. These people are driven to succeed and I think that is a good message for anyone with goals. You can't let the failure stop you from pursuing your goals, and sometimes the failure is worth it so you can better yourself for next time.
Hi Caroline,
ReplyDeleteI've experienced failing tests in classes just like you have. Failing a test is such an awful and disappointing feeling. Like you, I also learned that I needed to have better time management skills and needed to prepare for exams way ahead of time. Overall, it's a very disappointing experience, but it helps you in the future to know what not to do.
Hello Caroline,
ReplyDeleteI have also failed a test before and it is one of the worst feelings. I think you are right that failure is very disappointing and discouraging in the moment. When it happens we tend to think that we can't succeed at anything no matter how hard we try. But our failure helps us grow and learn, both in our business/career lives and our personal lives.