Thursday, March 12, 2020

15A – Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2


In my first interview, a concept talked about was pricing. The woman has two dogs, and she explained to me that a friend comes and sits the dogs for a cheap price. I explained to the woman that my business is an all-inclusive service and she would be getting more for the higher price. She was intrigued as she could get her dogs groomed at the same time when she vacations. This is the exact type of client I am looking for.

The second interview was with an older woman. She explained to me how she did not want to drive to take her pets there, and asked if they did a pick up service. I explained that it was a great idea and could be looked into if I was to open this business. I think this would add more customers as the factor of convenience is added. 

In my last interview, I spoke to another pet owner. I asked him about his previous experiences with boarding animals. He informed me that he takes his cats to the vet, because it was the cheapest option but he feels bad leaving them their as it is not very nice. I asked him if he would be willing to spend a little more money for more services and better quality. He was hesitant, but said he would be willing to try it. I think talking to these people on the fence is a good indicator to be able to adjust before starting your business. 


After my interviews, I have gotten insight on some valuable factors that could affect my business. If I actually were to start my business, price and location would would be elements I would need to consider. I think these interviews are really helpful on tweaking your business idea and really directing it to the customers needs. I enjoy the feedback and bouncing ideas off of people to make my business even more innovative. The wide range of my interviewees allowed me to reflect and think about the choices customers make before investing their time and money into a business. 

2 comments:

  1. Both of our ideas are a service. Price was also a factor in my service, and convenience was too. I also had customers who were hesitant to spend more money on a service. Price and location are also two of the most important elements to my business. I also enjoyed feedback from people and thinking more about what customers are willing to spend their money on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Caroline. It's a good idea to think more about how much customer willing to pay before deciding on a price. Service industry has always been valued in society. Therefore, high quality service and convenience will bring better customer experience to customers. Nowadays, more and more people are willing to spend more money on their pets because they take them seriously. So good service is really important.

    ReplyDelete