Thursday, February 13, 2020

Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2



Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2

Who: In all of my interviews, everyone said that they had been affected by the flu or has known someone that had gotten it. I feel like that everyone falls in the boundary as it is considered as an epidemic. Some may argue that ones that receive flu shots would not be in the boundary, but multiple people I spoke to said that they received the flu shot and still ended up with some strand of the flu. Others stated how they are not pro vaccine, and these are the people that would be farthest in the opportunity.
What: Some of the people I spoke to questioned that even if more people receive the flu shot, how we would know if there was a significance improvement in the effectiveness. They stated how the flu virus will still be around and is very unpredictable.
Why: I don’t believe that the need is different than what is inside the boundary. I feel that everyone can benefit from this and help keep others healthier. There is not really people outside the boundary as the whole country is affected.


Inside the Boundary
Outside the Boundary
Who
U.S. Citizens;
Pregnant women
Employees
Doctors
Families
People who are unsupportive of vaccines.
What
Making the shot more effective as more people receive the flu vaccine.

Providing and easier alternative to receive a flu shot.
Getting rid of the flu virus completely.
Why
The existence of an epidemic is uncontrollable. There are many types of flu.
There is not enough technology to create a new vaccine.


3 comments:

  1. Your opportunity is similar to mine, because it is based on the person's opinion of what's important. They will either think that flu shots are important or not, and they may think composting is important or not. That makes our opportunities both a yes or no decision for consumers. Outside of my boundary are also just people who are unsupportive of composting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Caroline,
    I think you did a great job on this blog post about flu vaccines. I like how you pointed out in your "outside the boundary" column on your table that not everyone is supportive of vaccines, because this is very important in this opportunity. I think that would be a difficult thing to deal with in this opportunity, even though many people still do believe and support vaccines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline,
    I really like your topic. A lot of people are skeptical about vaccines and if they actually work. I think creating a vaccine that is more effective for whatever type of flu is going around is a great business opportunity. You did a great job and identifying who is inside and outside your boundary. Being able to understand your target audience is one of the most important things when it comes to any aspect of any business. I like that you're just trying to make the vaccine more effective for people who support them rather than taking on the much bigger challenge of trying to convince skeptics to support vaccines. Good job!

    ReplyDelete